Saturday, November 2, 2013

This feeling, this sentiment of mine

This feeling, this sentiment of mine

                                                  2meandhtv

This feeling, this sentiment of mine will die on the vine
If thou maintain silence and pretend it's not even there
This is no threat; this is the way feelings are aligned 
I'm not whining about something that's divine

This thought, this dream of mine is so far out and rare
That I shudder to think why it came to me in the first place
Memories and hopes and dreams are all rushing back to me
All the things a long time ago I thought were already erased

Now I'm drowning anew in the sea of bittersweet memories
Thy ghost has returned in the twilight of my life
And what a turbulent and lonely life it has been
With all the women come and go while thou art not my wife

Dost thou ever know I've become a poet all because of thee
I read, write, and exercise; I do all these not so much for me
As to keep thy image, my remembrance of thee far away
Now thou hast come back; how long art thou going to stay

Wissai
November 2, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment