Thursday, November 7, 2013

Heartbeats

Heartbeats

Listen to your heartbeats
Really, really listen to them
You will find peace
They'll say, you're lucky
Because you're still alive
One day your heart will stop
What will happen to you then?
Enjoy your life
The only one you've got 
Please don't complain
Your life is hard
Many dying folks want to trade places with you
Give yourself a new start
Read a book
Fall in love
Help the poor
The steps you took
Over the moor
The dance you did
In the moonlight
Alone and far into the night
They were all part of life
Come over here
Hold me tight
Whisper in my ear
All the things you want to say
And all the things I want to hear
Love me
Life's short

Wissai
November 7, 2013

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone who reads and contemplates the poem “Heartbeats” cannot not help but be touched and deeply changed. The images and music it produces grabs the reader and dares him or her to turn away, but I feel it is more than that. As I read, ponder, and reflect; I see is a portrait- a self-portrait. The depth that I find in the thoughts points out many things to me.

      Delete
    2. comment removed until author's permission received

      Delete