Friday, November 1, 2013

She asked about me

She asked about me 

           With special homage to Adele

She wanted to know what's going on with my life
You can tell her that I am doing just fine
I have stopped crying and started to write
And seem to be fond of fire and rain

No, tell her I have no wish to see her again 
Because I already knew
All the things she would say to me 
They are never, never true

All the games she would play
She would always, always win
She would keep me under her sway
And she wouldn't think that is a sin

Please tell her one day I set fire to the rain
Watched it pour as I thought I saw her face
It burned while I cried
And screamed for her name

Yes, I set fire to the rain
And threw her and me into the flame 
I felt something inside me die 
Since then I no longer feel the same

Sometimes I wake up on the floor
I smell smoke, I feel rain
She is with me no more
But I stop screaming for her name

Wissai
November 1, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment