Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Slouching to "truths" and "realities"

Self projection and slouching to "truths"and "realities"

The following is a further take-off on what was an earlier response to an inquiry as to what I meant in my recent pieces on Transcendence, Ferryman, and the poem "Dream". Essentially my earlier response centered on my assertions that words mean whatever the reader takes them to mean and that I am an "artist" (sic!) with words. 

Self-projection is a default mode of thinking for most humans, especially for the stupid and unimaginative. Self-projection is the carry-over from childhood days when a child first formed awareness and consciousness. It thought its surroundings centered around its needs and everybody thought and felt (actually there is a very blurred line between thinking and feeling. Contrary to popular beliefs, how we feel depends on how we think) like it did. The stupid and the unimaginative didn't outgrow this infantile mode of thinking as they became adults. They conveniently assume  just because how they think and feel a certain way, most people, if not everybody else, would do the same. They lack empathy and imagination. They are not as smart as they think they are. So they attribute and project their own feelings and thoughts onto others. Just because they cannot do any poetry translation, they think others cannot either. They cannot accept a fact as clear as day that in some areas, there are always people who are vastly superior to them. Just because they have a habit of lying, they think others do the same. Just because they are poorly-read and uninformed and ignorant, they think others are the same, despite evidence to the contrary, time and time again. They cannot accept realities. They are intellectual and emotional cowards.

Mediocrity is an oppressive feeling to have. I have struggled with it all my life. My life, in essence, has been an effort to rise above mediocrity. I don't think I have succeeded, but I will never give up trying. One way to overcome is to avoid denial of realities. Denial may be useful for a short-term to stop the pain, but definitely a hindrance to growth. 

Please forgive me if I speak like a stupid fool, but I can't help myself. I am a narcissist and a wannabe oracle. I firmly maintain that religion is a subset of philosophy, not the other way around. So I laugh at theists and carnivores and think they are inferior specimens compared to atheists and vegetarians. The issue is more than tastes and freedom of choice. It boils down to right thinking and evolvement and development of consciousness and fairness. If we don't have to kill other sentient beings for food, we should not. How would we think if a technologically superior being hunt and/or raise us for food? The Bible is wrong and the alleged "God"'s blithe "authorization" that beings on this planet are here to serve us was wrong. Of course no God that said that. Only an ignorant and undeveloped scribe said so and attributed his belief to "God".  There is a common saying that we must respect other people's "beliefs". I said "Nonsense!" to that saying. How can I be expected to respect illogical, irrational, and  nonsensical beliefs which cannot stand under scrutiny. Let fools accept and/or respect those beliefs. I know I am not socially smart and developed when articulating my stance publicly regarding what I think is erroneous thinking. Truths are my guiding lights and signposts, not popularity or social acceptance. I am no sheep. Of course, I am no leader either. I never hunger nor thirst for social or political power anyway. I despise cowards who thirst for power. I personally know several. They look pathetic and despicable, but they erroneously think they have "power". If they are politically brave, then their thirst is understandable and acceptable, even if barely. But I know (based on their actions) they are untalented cowards, so their being stuck up with themselves is a farce, and yet I am not laughing. When they die, I will go to their graves and piss on them, meanwhile I am writing these words to let themselves how I think of them. 

But a wise woman has told me life is precious and short, and I should not give a damn about what others say or do, even their words and deeds are an affront to my sensibilities. She was right. I am trying to follow her advice, but I have relapses. Tonight witnessed one of those relapses. 

To sum up, life is all about answering to two basic thorny question: why am I here? Does Life have meaning when Death is inevitable? I used to think, like David Foster Wallace, that suicide was an honorable out, but I was wrong. I will be around as long as I can. 

Thus spoke Wissai, a ferryman

No comments:

Post a Comment