Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Humor

Most linguistically gifted people have a sense of humor because humor is using language at a high level. Yes, I have been known to be "funny". What can I say? I am a funny Ferryman. Women looked at me, heard me talk in public and thought they would have a good time by spending more time with me. Then they found out that I was morose and depressed and suicidal in private. They were all surprised. They asked me, "I thought you were a funny man. You used to make laugh all the time. I had such a good time. Your sharp wit delighted and floored me. Now you are making me cry. Why? Why? Why?" I then replied:

"Please don't cry
I'm a man with all moods
I am day and night
As we all should 
When we laugh during the day
We must be prepared to cry at night
To balance things out 
Yin and yang, that's all I'm about"

No comments:

Post a Comment