Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dualism

Dualism

Very interesting and original analogy about egg shell being body and mind is what's inside the shell.

My humble thought is as follows:

Body-Mind dichotomy is false, a pernicious carry-over from common sense, religious indoctrination (Christian, Hindu, and Buddhist. There may be others as well, but I am not informed about them so I can't say). Then in 17th century it was given a veneer of respectability by Descartes. Dualism is an incomplete, though apparently sensible way of understanding reality. The world is more than dualism. It is oneness, all interrelated. What appears as separate, discrete entities are illusions caused by perceptions and not profound thinking. 

If you are serious pursuing the reflection, you need to take up philosophy and reading about cosmology.

Regarding if the chick needs help to get outside, in real life, the chick needs no help. As a metaphor, help always comes from within. The individual must realize he needs help and seeks help, hence, life.

Regarding another life, another shore, there is none. We have only one life, one chance as an individual. As the species, it's a different matter. 

I may come across smug, abrupt, and arrogant in my "answer"/comment/feedback, but I do fancy that I am gifted in metaphysics, besides languages and verbal fluency. Stupid people have mocked and denounced me. Those in the know, however, are aware that I am rare and beautiful, despite having signs of internal conflicts and abnormalities. I am tired of dealing with stupid and emotionally crippled folks. You are not one of those. No signs yet. 

We all have to know where we stand and who we are. Stupid, ignorant, and emotionally crippled monkeys and chimps, however, fancy that I am not smarter or more developed than they are. They are unwittingly a joke to themselves and clearly a joke to others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment