Monday, November 11, 2013

I want you to be good, by which I want you to be kind

-I want you to be good, by which I want you to be kind
Kind to whom, to you?, she coyly replies.
Not only to me, to everybody
Because I don't want to be in love until eternity
With a ghost, with a fiction, 
With a person that's not real and true,
But only an ideal that's from my imagination
Because I know this overflowing feeling 
I'm having for you is getting hard to subdue

-I really don't know.
Your words are sweet, but how do I know they're true?
If I believe you, will you make me feel blue?

-Listen, I don't know what else to do. 
I already talked too much and too long
And coming on too strong. 
I am tired and sleepy,
I don't want to go on and on all night and justify.
Suffice to say I want a woman who's sweet and kind,
Not some crazy, old, short and fat bitch 
Who complains of that and this;
Who's full of vulgarities but think she's a lady.
I'm going to tell you something:
There's a certain, real lady I know.
She's a Filipina, a few years younger than me,
Still hot and sexy, but not too bright,
Gentle and really classy.
Whenever she sees me, 
Her face lights up like a Christmas tree
And gives me a sweet, broad, smile.
I can tell from her big dark brown eyes
She wants me to ask her out, 
But I don't want to do that at all
For I like her, but that's as far as I go
If I ask her out, and she wants me to be more than a friend
That would put me in a real bind.
I'm telling you all this, not to boast and brag
But to make a point I am good and kind,
And what a rare man that I am,
And not at all, as the old, short, and fat hag
Accused me of being full of sham
You believe me or not, it's up to you
I don't give a dam
I am who I am
All this exercise in rhyme shit is making feel me sad
You probably don't know that, do you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment