Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Society Islands

In about 3 weeks, I will be away for 2 weeks frolicking around Tahiti and other Society Islands. I will be incommunicado most of the time so if you guys don't see any post from me, that's the reason, and not because I've become a recluse as I threatened to be. I will try not to be gluttonous. I will try to be dignified because I will be with prim and proper rich ladies. I will be the only poor guy in the company. I should be practicing my French. Instead, I've been busy writing and dreaming. The ladies are all conversant in Parisian French. They are all looking forward to hearing me speak about poetry, language development in general, and my own language development in particular, and Wittgensten and what it means to be a philosopher. I will deliver my speeches in English, not in French. They speak good English, but of course not on the same level as mine. I will dazzle them with my intellect, woo them with my looks and charms, and they will all go back to Paris with their hearts in broken pieces. These are my lofty goals, but as of today, I am only half-assed prepared. Four books on Wittgenstein ordered on Amazon will arrive this week. I have been going to the gym to work on my physique. I have lost some weight. I am near my goal. I now weigh 164 lbs on a frame of 5'10"". I have 4 more to go. I have been working on my diction and my smiles. I have fixed my teeth. But I haven't bought any new clothes. I probably will need a loan. So send me one via Camel Express. If not, I need to rob a bank to finance my trip. I need a gun and a fast car for the job, but I have neither one. I am such a poor planner. What can I say? I am a magician and an artist with words. I am hopeless when it comes to practical living. 

If all goes well I will be invited to spend more time with them in the mountain and on an island in the vicinity of Seattle in June. I will sleep in a cabin and feel all isolated. I will mediate my feelings for you while meditating amidst silence and fresh, unpolluted air. I will hear birds singing and be around swirling butterflies and blooming trees and bubbling brooks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment