Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sincerity

Some people think that sincerity is only possible when they are by themselves and that hypocrisy is necessary when one has to deal with the most dangerous animal on this planet: the human animal. I suppose that view is valid only insofar as the person is incapable of self-deception. As for myself, I am sincere with everybody, including myself. That does not mean I am going to tell a person with whom I am interacting everything I think of him because there are some thoughts I want to keep to myself. My thoughts are my property and it is up to me to pick and choose which ones to share. I do refrain from telling lies to my fellow humans. If I am not comfortable of saying anything which happens to be true, I would just be silent about it. The problem is very few things make me feel uncomfortable. Thus, I love running my mouth, and consequently I tend to get into troubles over what I said because unlike me, most humans cannot handle truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment