Friday, February 19, 2010

Irony, You and Me and the Devil named Wissai

Irony, You and Me and the Devil named Wissai

You think this is easy? Write everyday just about anything that caught my fancy, in an inimitable style like mine, in a foreign language to boot? Try it and you will see how "easy" it can be. Be real!

I know. The pen name for this blog is deeply ironic, considering the language I use and the stylistics I employ. The irony is deliberate; it reminds me not to go too far into the quagmire, but I still do. I just can't help myself. I am a show-boat. In my previous life, I must have been a show-girl in a burlesque act. Many, if not all, writers take up the pen because they want approval, recognition, love, and money, but not me, sweetie. I write because I want to save my life, so I don't have to go out and kill anybody, don't you understand? I write to save myself from myself. That is the reason why I write tbe way I do. I write for me to understand myself, not for you to understand me. Establishing communication with you is the furthest thing on my mind. Now you have pissed me off, bring along the thickest lexicon you can find. we are in for a wild ride.

Some men act in an uxorious manner, full of unctuous words and gestures, but I wonder if their words and gestures faithfully reflect their sentiments. I further wonder if their acts of munificence are for real or are merely Pollyannaish, bereft of realism, and at the end of the day are discovered to be nothing but puffery. Are your fingers getting tired yet, my friends?

(cont.)

No comments:

Post a Comment