Monday, February 15, 2010

Hypocrisy and Cowardice-A Dialogue

-So, that was your swan song?
-I guess it was.
-Will you go back?
-I might, then I might not. I might go back just to read some things worth reading, but I won't waste my breath there anymore.
-But, Roberto. What do you expect? You kept coming up with arguments and examples to prove that most of them are indifferent. And you know as well as I do, that even "indifferent gentlemen" have feelings, that some fancy they are real humans though they are not. You know that. "Indifferent gentlemen" have boundless capacity for self-deception. That's why they are "indifferent" in the first place.
-Well put, my friend.
-So, what are you going to do?
-Same as I do everyday. Eat, sleep, work, and write. This morning I happened to realize certain smells bring me back in time as quickly as any period song. The roasted peanut aroma wafted from my neighbor's back porch brought me back a certain afternoon rain when I was in my early teens.
-But you sure you are okay?
-I am. Why not? What? You think I am devastated by this farcical matter? Come on, Silvio. Be real. You think I crave recognition? You are out of your mind. Look, what we are having here is a case of hypocrisy burnished and polished with a heavy dose of cowardice. The "indifferent gentlemen" had to do something to maintain their inner equilibrium because I kept charging at them and asking them to do something for Vietnam. (cont.)

No comments:

Post a Comment