Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pulp Fiction

Pulp Fiction

I am watching Pulp Fiction again. I have watched this wonderful movie a million times. And each time I feel warm, peaceful, and relaxed despite all the violence, bawdy humor, and drug use because it is a work of art. It is an original movie, full of sparkling dialogue and unexpected twists and turns of events. Above all, it is a story about love and a story of religious faith. It is Quentin Tarantino's masterpiece. His debut movie Reservoir Dogs is good. Other movies of his are bad, however.

I often use the movie as my litmus test of a person's sensibilities. A square, unimaginative, unartistic person would find the movie boring and offensive. So, if you have not watched it, try it. If you don't like it, you surely would not like me either because I identify myself with each of the characters involved though I have never used drugs. I don't need drugs to get into altered states of consciousness.
Exercises, meditation, falling in love, and sleep deprivation will get you there. Drug users are basically lazy and impatient. They want instant gratification and adventure without the hard work. Some of you might notice that I use words pretty much like others use drugs. Words get me high. The more I could articulate what I want to say, the higher I get.

Wissai
Feb. 11, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment