Sunday, February 14, 2010

Manifesto of a thinking, feeling person

I am not dead yet. I can still feel and think. Welcome to my blog. Those who join me here will be treated with mind-blowing experiences. This place is for seekers of truth and true love. Phonies and cowards, please stay away.

As I reflected on the events that led to my refocusing of my words here instead of elsewhere, it occurred to me that hypocrisy and faux self-justification of cowards and selfish individuals, including those who are nominally and universally regarded as "nice", stood out the most.

I was wrong in assuming other people would think and feel the same way I do. Now I see with perfect clarity the basis of my barely concealed display of arrogance. I have more guts and I express myself far better than them, not to mention I am generally more informed in the humanities.

It was I who was surprised. I thought they were much better than they really were. I thought they possessed a heart and had some love for the country where they were born and raised. But I now know you either have a heart or you don't. And no matter how hard other people try to convince you to work for the survival and interest of Vietnam and the Vietnamese people, if you don't have what it takes to love, you just would not.

That's what this debate has been about. This is about love. As I have said time and again, true love has no choice. When your home country and your people are in danger, and if you can help, you just jump right in, no hesitation. The moment you think about this danger, and that inconvenience, this task is too big, and that job is not for me, that I am too old, that I am in retirement age, you are fishing for excuses, for reasons not to act, for reasons not to love. Love has no age limitations.

Of course I have a big ego. I take pride in my reasoning skills and my knowledge and of course my verbal dexterity. Compared with others who are less gifted, I shine, but in comparison with those who are more accomplished, I look like a nitwit. I am smart and self-aware enough to know that. But what I am proud of myself is that I came from a long line of patriots and when my country is in need, I jump right in and I respond, without excuses, without hesitation. That is why I regard myself as a true human.

No comments:

Post a Comment