Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nudity and Courtesy

Preoccupation with nudity in old age bothers me, especially if the person who exhibits that interest has never been a stud or a body-builder but a flabby-looking, sedentary type.

Mind you, I am not a prude. I also like to watch photos and view pictures and videos of nudity, but I do so in the privacy of my own home because I happen to regard such activity a private affair. More importantly, I watch and view photos and videos of nudity more from the standpoint of aesthetics than sexual titillation. Furthermore, I use those images of beauty and perfection as an inspiration for me to work on my own body which I have maintained in relatively aesthetic-pleasing shape, unlike the bodies of most men my age.

I respect and love and adore women because of the love my mother had for me and of my love for her. Thus, I find any photos and videos depicting women in unflattering and obscene poses or acts deeply offensive. I therefore can't help but despise those men who find such photos and videos titillating or funny. I guess you can call me intolerant, but there is a thing called appropriateness.

What is important to me is plain truth, not long-winded justification. One always should ask oneself if one is living a life of a selfish animal or of a responsible, loving, patriotic human. As for being civil and courteous, I, of course, can be. It does not take much brain to achieve that state of being. The thing is I am civil and courteous to those who are to me. I must confess that I am not a noble person, the type who always behaves with perfect decorum under all circumstances. I am weak, therefore, I behave in a reactive manner. That is not an excuse (being weak). I am just who I am. I, of course, am working to be stronger. I am a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment