Sunday, May 25, 2014

Wonder of Wonders

I have wandered in the wonder of wonders called Love

Recently a white woman dropped me a wondrous line,
Wondering out loud that perhaps she was falling hard for me.
Her confession caused a tingle to travel up and down my spine
And did wonders to my esprit.
Ever since I have wandered in the wonder of wonders called Love.
i guess I'm really lucky
For I myself was gliding on the wings of dove
After she and I struck up an acquaintance at a poker table.
She complimented me on my looks and intellect
And I gushed praises of her poker talents and physique.
I hardly paid attention to what was going on at the game 
I kept throwing furtive glances at her pyramids.
She pretended not to take any notice
And nonchalantly kept the conversation going.
The game drew on and day became night
And I didn't quite know how to say goodbye
She seemed to understand my plight
She handed me a note and simply said, "call me, please"
And stood up, gathered her chips, and headed to the cashier,
Leaving me all flustered and plastered with excitement and pride

I called her up the next night
And every night after that.
We exchanged dreams and wishes, poems and letters. 
And then she dropped that wondrous line.
Now I wonder how can I tell other women about her? 


May 24, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment