Monday, May 26, 2014

Pride and Retribution

Pride and Retribution

So Rodger, you killed six innocent people (okay, one, your roommate, admitted to the police of stealing your candles, but that act didn't really qualify him to be stabbed to death by you)  and injured a dozen more, before blowing your own head off. And you called that cowardly act of yours the "retribution" to your humiliation and sufferings at the hands of young women who refused to go out with you? You were a loser, Rodger. You lost in the game of life. You failed to have real respect for yourself. You were consumed by anger. It propelled you to a dastardly act. Yes, you were also a coward. No, I was not hard on you at all. I called you by your right names. But I didn't despise you. In fact, my heart was filled with pity and compassion for you. I wish you had read philosophy or had met me. You then might have been saved from destruction and self-destruction. You see, your insane act has impelled and compelled me to contemplate on the real nature of pride and anger. Anger is common and inborn. Pride is not. Ego, like anger, is common and inborn. Ego is not the same as Pride. I have both Ego and Pride, but with me, Pride is far stronger. And because of that, it has saved my life. It has prevented me from becoming a loser like you. It forced me to work very hard to get what I wanted and to be who I wanted to be. In order to have Pride, one has to be very honest with oneself. You see, recently an asshole kike called me dense and "a loser". That insult of hers really threw me into deep contemplation. And I came out of the contemplation smiling and far wiser than before coming in. Rodger, let me describe myself to you and please tell me if I am indeed "a loser", like you:

I am fit, good-looking, financially independent, well-read, and well-versed in four languages and fairly okay in reading in four more. I can write poems, essays, and short stories. So far I have yet met anybody who can surpass me in debating skills. I possess a highly logical mind and a heathy respect for facts, "truths", justice, and morality. Last but not least, I am "wildly" popular with women. Currently, besides being loved by my better half, four women are seriously in love with me, and at least half a dozen more find me charming and attractive. Let me quote a recent epistle to me from a Vietnamese lady:

"Anh Bá ơi, em ngạc nhiên quá khi anh viết …hay như thế, hihi… từ trong cuộc nói chuyện giữa anh và em mà anh viết thành 1 đoạn văn quá là hay!  Wow!  I love it!  Hết xẩy luôn!
 
Phục anh lắm, I think that’s one of the reasons I love you so much. Thank you, darling."

No comments:

Post a Comment