Monday, May 19, 2014

Facts and Feelibgs

Facts and Feelings, at least in My Case

I pride myself in undertaking a relentless pursuit of facts as a stepping stone to truths and knowledge. I love knowledge, even if it is painful and forces me to change my long-cherished thinking. You see, I have a little brain and am not afraid to use it to its full extent. At the same time, I am an aspiring writer of fiction. So all my light-hearted pieces contain elements of fiction, though facts-based, not unlike magical realism. Truths are more poetic and harder hitting if they are tinged and laced with poetry and fiction. You see, I write for myself, first and foremost. I am my best friend, after the dust has settled. Yesterday, she sent me a piece that moved me. She was hurt by carping and snide comments. And she didn't deserve them, like I didn't deserve them when certain stupid and ignorant scumbags and assholes threw them at me. I was tempted to write to her and tell her, "baby, if you feel like crying, then go ahead and cry. Now you have learned that most humans, deep down, are cruel, uncaring, selfish hypocrites. They don't give a damn about you. All they care is themselves. Their attitude is me, me, and more me. I am not like that. I care for myself, but I also care for others, but only those who deserve my affection. And you may be one of those. You see, I may exaggerate, but I don't lie. I treat you like I treat myself: with sincerity and fairness. I don't ask anything from you that you can't or won't deliver. The heart may grow and expand and soften. Yours. And mine, too. All it needs is a bit of tenderness and trust and respect and willingness to learn more about the other person. Yesterday I almost called you as baby. Recently a midget kike called me "dense and a loser". Her characterization stunned me for its brutality and untruthfulness. It left me speechless and loquacious at the same time. If we ever say goodbye to each other, let's walk away gently and in silence, and not in brutality and acrimony. Okay, honey?"

No comments:

Post a Comment