Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Why Do I Abhor Hypocrisy?

My recent thesis about human behavior is that most, if not all, conflicts between individuals involve sexual rivalry, greed, and lack of respect. Lack of respect manifests in language, gestures, and hypocrisy. Although lack of respect usually is symbolic and does't often result in concrete actions towards the target, it arouses in the target visceral reactions which often end up in destruction and bloodshed.

I call somebody a hypocrite when he righteously corrected me publicly when I used a common Anglo Saxon word depicting an act of sexual congress, spoken by a soldier in a work of fiction, and then in a few weeks later the same individual posted several risque' sex jokes, one of which crudely compared the porthole of a cruise cabin with the size of a female sex organ. I call somebody a hypocrite when he exhibited physical cowardice and didn't bother to get involved in a campaign against Red China's mistreatments and killings of Vietnamese fishermen, and then he enthusiastically displayed his thirst, hunger, and zeal for power in his role as a co-moderator of a forum in cyberspace.

As I hate hypocrisy so much, I am very much on guard not to commit acts of hypocrisy myself. I always try to be consistent in words and deeds. I don't deny that I sometimes I can't resist the urge to show that I am gifted in logic and dialectics as well as my felicity with words and some familiarity with literature and philosophy. But I never claim I know more than I do, nor do I engage in acts that are contrary to what I say who I am. Deep down, contrary to hypocrites and cowards, I do have pride and self-respect.

Wissai

No comments:

Post a Comment