Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bread's David Gates

So on TV at ungodly hours appeared commercials for music collections of folk rock music of the 1960's through 1980's. And there they were, bits and pieces of several songs of Bread were played out. They hit you like a freight train. You felt sweet, bitter, calm, and sad all at once. You were young then and you were in love. Little did you know that love was an illusion and a wishful thinking. What we really have is a feeling of loneliness and we use others to relieve that itch of loneliness and maybe get some sexual release at the same time. As for really loving somebody else, I know what that means, but I have never been a recipient of such love. All the women I have met all talked a good game, but the bottom line was that they cared for themselves far, far more they did to me. I think they used me rather than lruly loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment