Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thoughts about the hero Le Thi Cong Nhan

I am not a parrot. I have my own opinions and I am not shy to articulate them. There are two types of people in this world. Those who only talk and mouth off pious sentiments. And those who act, even at great costs to themselves because of their sense of responsibility. Le Thi Cong Nhan is of the second category.

Humans are social animals. Human history is replete with stories of individuals who, for better or worse, stood out, set an example, and led others. They made a difference in people's lives, in a nation, and in the world. Le Thi Cong Nhan is such a person. Because of her courage and her love for Vietnam, she commands respect not only in Vietnam, but all over the world, not only by Vietnamese, but by people of various nationalities. She did not compromise her principles and beliefs while being in jail. And she said she was not going to compromise them now she is out of jail. She does not compromise her principles and beliefs because they are resonant and consistent with the truth. Truth knows no compromise. Truth just is.

I just couldn't stand seeing monkeys mouthing off nonsense even while they appeared to praise her, using LTCH as a platform to make them feel good about themselves. If they admire LTCN so much, why don't they follow her example and do something for Vietnam? That's my question. A person's words have to be consistent with his deeds otherwise he just invites contempt. The more I know about monkeys and there are fucking so many of them, I more I feel nauseous. They are full of absurd, illogical, incoherent, turgid, pontifications and analyses that yield no insights while the whole world know they are just plain noisy cowards trying to come to terms with their silent, hidden cowardice. I have no problems with cowardice per se. I understand monkeys need to live as long as they can. I understand they want to avoid risks. Silent cowards are OK to me. They know their place in this world. They accept their lot. Noisy cowards are the ones that get on my nerves because they are hypocrites and liars who think that they can pull the wool over people's eyes.

It's not easy to be brave. One has to really come to terms with suffering, death, and meanings of life.

Thus spake Wissai.

No comments:

Post a Comment