Thursday, March 4, 2010

Michael Jackson and Billie Jean song

I must say I was into highs from sex, alcohol, meditation, long distance running, falling in love, writing, reading, and music. For many times, I was tempted to try drugs, but I was afraid to get hooked. But from seeing Michael Jackson performed Billie Jean in concert on YouTube tonight I got an intense high that none of the other highs I had gone through would come close. The rhythm of the song, the lyrics, its length (I didn't want it to end. To me it could go for hours) and the choreography that Michael performed in turn drove the audience into a state of frenzy, which in turn induced an out-of-body, transcendental experience that for some sustained minutes, I got a communion with my fellow humans and I knew then for me this particular piece of music broke down all barriers and I had an ineffable prolonged, sustained feeling I was one with the universe, with everybody, with everything around me. All thoughts of violence and hate evaporated from me. All what remained in my heart was a blissful feeling of love and joy and a grateful acknowledgment that I was still alive and breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment