Sunday, March 21, 2010

Magic of Words

Only the educated and the brave are free; the rest live in the bondage of superstition and the servitude of fear.

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! I came up with the above. Advertisement for myself. I woke up feeling good and carefree. But now I am not in the liberation of forgiveness, but in the grip of hatred. I am consumed by a desire for vengeance. I thirst for blood and I hunger for a release of my pent-up frustrations by deeds of violence visited upon those assholes and motherfuckers who dared to insult me by acting uppity and insolent. They had better pray tthat I am still in full control of my faculties and that I don't flip out.

What about poetry? I thought you told me poetry was your savior, your succor, your soothing balm to your pain.

Yes and No. I flip flop, you see. The pain doesn't go away. The memory is too strong. The outrage is too overwhelming.

Be careful now. Don't talk yourself into a mood and then you have to act upon it. Calm down. Think of those who are dear to your heart. In hurting those you hate, you might end up hurting those you love also. Capisce? Get rid of those tenebrous thoughts. Find refuge in pleasant memories, in the recollections of good times and good people. Assholes and motherfuckers are everywhere. They are dogshit. If you are out looking for them, you'll find them. Avoid dogshit. Step around it. You can't get rid of dogshit in this world. Likewise, you can't kill all the assholes and motherfuckers in this world. You should be glad they exist, otherwise you wouldn't know how good and rare and beautiful you are. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment