Tuesday, April 8, 2014

slouching towards serenity and silence and surcease

Slouching towards Serenity and Silence and Surcease

I am now 65 years old. It's not too early for me to take stock of where I am. Life is a slow slouching towards serenity, silence, and finally surcease. 

The Why and How are more important than the What, When, and Where. Fools and assholes know about the last three, and are barely concerned with the explanatory powers and processes of the Why and How. 

Philosophy is a person's worldview (Weltanschauung). It comprises everything about the person: how he regards himself and others, his religion, ethics, politics, views about (his) existence and knowledge, etc...

A man and his philosophy are inseparable. Siddartha Gautama was right. We are what we think. I would like to amplify on that dictum by saying we are what and how we think. 

Humains are social animals so we tend to live and function in groups. That intensifies a need to know who we are and where we stand in relation to others. A man's behavior must be consistent with his make-up and his position in society. That's where the assholes, fools, and scumbags get me wrong because they think I am just like them in values and talents. They are too stupid to realize the following:

1. I am a different bird. I revel and rejoice in being different from most other humans. As I said earlier, my sense of alienation and estrangement runs deep. I am not really a social and herd animal like them. I like being alone. I interact with other humans because I have to occasionally, not because I really want to. They stupidly think the issue of ostracism is a big deal. To me, on the contrary, to be great is to be misunderstood.

2. Not only I am different, I am also better than most humans. How's so? I keep my word. I don't lie. I am better looking. My physique is better. I look younger than my age. I am better read, especially in world history, literature, and philosophy. Many, many women are attracted to me, even now. I can converse in 4 languages and can read 3 more, and have cursory reading knowledge of another 3. I can express myself in English far better than they ever do, both as a writer of fiction and nonfiction, not counting as a writer of both verse and prose. 

3. Everyday, I am conscious of the fact that while there are many humans who are better endowed than me in intelligence, values, and physical attributes, I am at least in the top 5-10% of the human race. The more I interact with humans, the more I am convinced of that "fact". So the assholes and scumbags had better get used to that attitude of mine. I despise them and I feel superior to them. I have not resorted to exterminating them because there are so many of them in this world. More importantly, I am intelligent enough to realize that violence is usually part of the problem, and is rarely part of the solution, unless it is in self-defense and wars of conquest when the outcome is assured. That does not mean that for the sake of my psychic health, I don't revel and rejoice in the misfortunes of those I hate and despise. I don't need to personally bring death and destruction to them. Let they or others do that to them. 

4. Sarcasm and condescension are forms of aggression, stupidly used by many fools and assholes. They get a kick out of practicing these "black" arts. They are too stupid to know that aggression invites aggression, and half-assed measures usually backfire. Either you  are aggressive all the way and exterminate your target or stay out of conflicts.There's no point to make your enemy aware of your attitude to them. I know two bitches who are short of stature, physically intellectually, and socially. Because of their puny size of physique and intellect, they use their mouths as a weapon. Boy, it's really pathetic to see how they have hurt themselves. Unresolved inferiority complex is very pernicious to their development. But they are both too stupid to realize that they need to improve their character. 

Am I like them? I am not so sure about that. But I do wonder about that possibility a lot. See you. I have to go make some money. I can't just lie here in bed pontificating about life  and its meaning all day. I have bills to pay and myself to be responsible for. 

A man must learn to take care at least of himself.

Thus spoke Wissai
April 8, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment