Monday, April 28, 2014

Knowledge of Oneself and Others

Knowledge of Oneself and Others

Honesty and Intelligence are two prime ingredients in the search for knowledge about oneself and others. Denial of facts is a hallmark of ignoramuses and cowards. Accusing others of myopia, narrow-mindedness, and the like does not improve or cure oneself of ignorance and cowardice.

1. Why do I have to believe in a fiction? Why do I need somebody to hold my hands? Am I too fucking weak to go through life unaided so I must invent a fiction to help me? Why do I need to play a game of make-believe? 

2. If I am a Quasimodo midget, but I persist in fancying that I am an attractive, good-looking person, that does not change my appearance in people's eyes. If I am stupid and ignorant, but I imagine that I am knowledgeable and smart, that does not make me one. Instead, that makes me more ridiculous and laughable. Facts, ma'm, just the facts.

3. Just because I just heard about Joseph Campbell, that does not mean nobody else has not heard of him. Just because I bought wholesale everything Campbell had to offer, that does not make Campbell was right. In fact, that made me look stupid and unthinking. Just because others eat shit (believing in myths) and thinking that eating shit is good for one's health, that does not mean eating shit is indeed a healthy practice. Critical thinking is an element that differentiates smart humans from dumb asses and idiots. Don't come near me and sell Campbell to me. I am different from the likes of you, from the stupid and ignorant and weak-minded masses. I don't need myths to survive. I don't believe in myths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment