Sunday, October 13, 2013

Reality and Taciturnity

Reality and Taciturnity

I wrote the following as silence was descending and washing over me. 

"Poker is a hunting game involving predator-prey relationship with a very pronounced feature of short-term luck (good and bad, with aberrations from normal distribution of probability) factor, emotional make-up of players, time constraints, and money availability and management. It's a game where some figure that has been floated around indicates that fewer than 10% of the players are winning after factoring the rake and expenses (including tips to dealers) . 

We need to ask ourselves if we are indeed part of those fewer than 10% of the players over the long term. Consistent losses are a way Reality is telling us that, more than just short-term bad luck, we may indeed suffer from Ignorance more than we care to admit, and that it's high time for us to admit and welcome facts into our lives."

The above meditation was good for me. It brought me back to much-needed silence and serenity. My suffering came from the verbosity originated from me or others. If we only speak when we absolutely have to, this world would be a much better place. There is real strength in silence. Most humans are selfish and hypocritical. I don't miss much if I stay away from the human animals. And when I have to interact with them, I have to learn to be cool because more often than not they are weak-willed, ignorant, and self-righteous. They are not like me at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment