Monday, October 28, 2013

A sensitive reading "A Story of Redemption"

Dear all:

Please note:

The author used some of my original words and then added her own comments in color. But I didn't know how to preserve the coloring when I copied them in my post. The reader just has to go through the deciphering process. That would be more fun and challenging that way.


[…] I am only impressed by real thinkers who wrote influential books and artists who left lasting legacy. I have to respect your choice. but you will miss lots of good quality fellow-companionship on the way.. It is ok though. I will be around.
{…} don't have a single original idea or thought in your head, and your religious and political ideas are what you got from your parents and from what you heard from Fox "News" or CNN. It is funny when you mentioned Fox News . I knew people who are so addicted to it.. {…} > Wissai
> A story of Redemption.
>{…} …I also believe in forgiveness, especially self-forgiveness.YES big time… And grace. Yes you may call it grace, I haven’t found a word for it…I want to see it as this : My 100% awareness at all the time would catch the right moment to click and there I am saved again…I am saying this from life experiences. {…}.. that life in its essence was not so much about love as about power dynamics. To be weak is to invite attack. To be kind-hearted is to be exploited, again and again. The key is to be firm with human animals and to stay away from them, if possible. Yes yes yes…You can say it again and again…1- there is power dynamics in love too. 2- a weak person is a loser, a kind hearted can easily be a weakee, but to be firm is to be strong and fearless. 3- It takes 1- and 2- above to stay away from those you call human animals or for them to stay away from you instead. Just to think about it makes me feel fearless.
{…} I'm glad that I haven't been in jail or killed because of my follies. You could say I was lucky. 
I say you have been very lucky…Or is it grace (your word) or in my word (I haven’t got a word for it but it is like ýou fall and you get up with your arms and knees… then after a thousand and one time of falling… you realize that you have been making it before you fall.. Know what I mean?)
> The following story is real and reported in a poker magazine. It was not about me, but eerily resonant with me. There were some parallels.
> A young Korean-American who was strikingly handsome Is being handsome a must here? Or you just add it on to make it more yummy? and came from an educated family, dropped out of college with just a few more credits to go in order to pursue a career in poker. By the time he was 23 years old, he had made millions (4) and a name for himself in the poker tournament circuits…{…}, for the first time in his life, to try drugs. Unsurprisingly, drugs proved to be stronger than his brain's chemistry. He was hooked and became addictive and unhealthily paranoid.{…} a "Global Performance Coach" took [..] only 10 days to get the young man free of all addictive substances that he was using. The coach explained ; {…}
{…} as we move forward through life, anything that resembles the traumas will reopen the wounds, and the old tapes of bad experiences and our responses to them will replay themselves. My awareness has been very good to me on this. Later I had dreams, very interesting  recurrent dreams. Not until I acknowledge the meaning of it, that the dreams went away. That's how weak-willed humans get stuck in bad habits and addictions. We are the sum total of our experiences, but we do have higher consciousness and we can apply this higher consciousness in identifying the trigger points and avoiding being Pavlovian dogs.I strongly agreed. Freud was right. We do have Death Instinct, in addition to the Will to Live. In many ways, there is much dualism in this world. It doesn't hurt to think in terms of dualism.Yes Things balance one another, and we are holding the scale, while our awareness makes the scale firm and working. We just have to remember that we have to transcend dualism and achieve integration. Here comes the importance of living in the present. Letting go is a must. A healthy human is the one who has learned to master the warring forces inside him. I just told this immensely talented young poker player that he had nothing to fear in this world because death is already a given. YES, We finally come to the big Word: Fearlessness. We fear because we're afraid to lose what we have or what we hope to have but are not sure if we can have it. Right again. Easy to say, but it might take the whole life to get it. Culture and social/familial conditions have a lot to say in this. Just be sensible, do the right things, put the maximum effort into whatever we do and the results will take care of themselves. Perfect conclusion..Hahaha…You use the word sensible, and I use awareness. They are the same I suppose except my word means more being the un-judgmental witness with no emotional consideration than sensitivity alone.
{…}
> I applied this insight from the coach and came to understand why certain scumbags and assholes behave the way they do. {…} You are right about this but I doubt that you can get them to change by telling them how bad they are: The week hang on tight for life when feeling being attacked. The fearful is at their hiding places with closed doors, the ignorant already have his’/her senses plugged., the violent react with violence, for life or death. Only those who have survived so much ups and downs in their lives would listen, and your story would have the same effect as their recurrent dreams (one day I will tell you my life story, along with my own experiences) Your words and your life will be a living example to them. Seeing you alive would be like seeing a float ... in a disaster at sea; they need to see a float to feel safe first then you can tell them to move around. Only when they see a good result from their own making… they would be willing to change…The above works for those who already have the seed of a free spirit, intelligence, action and self respect in them. ( I was one of them)
Between you and me, even that and more…I can’t guarantee you that all your human-animals would NOT be happily ever “happy humans”. You know how many have tried to change them.. You are not the first. Neither the last. Better leave them alone.
The best you can do is being ready to have them getting away from you. The equivalent to : you avoid them, and they fear you so they avoid you too. Hahaha…
The rest ? These would like to follow, and there come religions…They need leaders to promise and tell them what to do…and that is another story. Another sad one.

> By the way, the young Korean-American, now 27 years old, won another $2 million in poker tournaments since his cure from addictions. He recently said that he used to want just to be alive because he was in such a dark place, and now that he has stepped into the light, everything that is feasible is possible if maximum effort is expended. He has found redemption. Life is now beautiful and no longer a burden.I am happy for him, though each of us will have a different ending. I should not mess up with his.
> Wissai : to the author, I take off my hat to say thanks and share my admiration for a work well done.
This should call for a celebration. I bring him Peace of mind and love. JH. 

> October 28, 2013.

A story of Redemption.

I believe in redemption. Big time. I also believe in forgiveness, especially self-forgiveness. And grace. My life has been a struggle against hate and vengeance and self-destruction, as well as contempt for human animals. I wasn't too smart. I thought slowly on my feet. I was naive and gullible and stupidly not cognizant that life in its essence was not so much about love as about power dynamics. To be weak is to invite attack. To be kind-hearted is to be exploited, again and again. The key is to be firm with human animals and to stay away from them, if possible. 

I'm a bit wiser now. I'm no longer a starry-eyed, clumsy, hot-headed little ignoramus. Life has taught me to become wary of human animals. I'm glad that I haven't been in jail or killed because of my follies. You could say I was lucky. 

The following story is real and reported in a poker magazine. It was not about me, but eerily resonant with me. There were some parallels.

A young Korean-American who was strikingly handsome and came from an educated family, dropped out of college with just a few more credits to go in order to pursue a career in poker. By the time he was 23 years old, he had made millions (4) and a name for himself in the poker tournament circuits, an achievement that millions of poker players want to have, but only about 5 persons in the world could do that at that young an age, considering one has to be 21 of age to enter a tournament. In December 2009, when he came in fourth and won "only" $400,000, he was so despondent that he blew most of that prize money at a blackjack table. A few weeks later, on New Year's Eve, he decided, for the first time in his life, to try drugs. Unsurprisingly, drugs proved to be stronger than his brain's chemistry. He was hooked and became addictive and unhealthily paranoid. Amazingly, he continued to be successful in poker while his life was in a descent to hell. He continued his forays into blackjack. An episode best illustrated this period in his life. One night, he was down $250,000 playing blackjack when he blacked out. When he regained consciousness in the morning, he was up $1.2 million. He has very minimal recollection of how that happened. 

At any rate, he thought very little of his life. He sought help from doctors and psychiatrists to no avail, until his mother heard of a "Global Performance Coach" in Hawaii from a friend at church. It took the coach only 10 days to get the young man free of all addictive substances that he was using. The coach explained his methodology as follows:

"We came into this world with a blank slate, innocent and impressionable. Then things, good and bad, happened to us. Very bad things threatened our survival and caused traumas to us, if we survived. We had psychic scars, caused by heightened fear responses. Then as we move forward through life, anything that resembles the traumas will reopen the wounds, and the old tapes of bad experiences and our responses to them will replay themselves. That's how weak-willed humans get stuck in bad habits and addictions. We are the sum total of our experiences, but we do have higher consciousness and we can apply this higher consciousness in identifying the trigger points and avoiding being Pavlovian dogs. Freud was right. We do have Death Instinct, in addition to the Will to Live. In many ways, there is much dualism in this world. It doesn't hurt to think in terms of dualism. We just have to remember that we have to transcend dualism and achieve integration. A healthy human is the one who has learned to master the warring forces inside him. I just told this immensely talented young poker player that he had nothing to fear in this world because death is already a given. We fear because we're afraid to lose what we have or what we hope to have but are not sure if we can have it. Just be sensible, do the right things, put the maximum effort into whatever we do and the results will take care of themselves. "

I applied this insight from the coach and came to understand why certain scumbags and assholes behave the way they do. They are just nasty fearful animals full of disguised inferiority complexes, over-proud of their meager "achievements" which are not earth-shaking at all, and unwilling to admit their foibles. So they have to lie, cheat, make up stories to make themselves look good, even if they know their peers know about their true nature which is full of cheap animalism. A human, if his human attributes not properly developed, will end up worse than a wild beast. You can tell a human animal by its brazen bullshit, its furtive glances, its unsubstantiated bragging, and its failure to admit and welcome facts, truths, and logic into its "life".  It craves for respect, but all it does is to denigrate itself constantly and unwittingly. It wants to win an argument at any cost. It always thinks it's in the right.

By the way, the young Korean-American, now 27 years old, won another $2 million in poker tournaments since his cure from addictions. He recently said that he used to want just to be alive because he was in such a dark place, and now that he has stepped into the light, everything that is feasible is possible if maximum effort is expended. He has found redemption. Life is now beautiful and no longer a burden.

Wissai
October 27, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment