Sunday, October 6, 2013

I went for a walk this beautiful morning

I went for a walk this beautiful morning

I went for a walk this beautiful morning.
The sun was shining; birds were singing; 
And my heart was fluttering.
A soft susurrous sound surrounded me
It sweetly said, "Roberto, my dear honey,
Keep your faith, you're loved and you're blessed.
No matter what the stupid bitch said,
You're good, you're my kind of man
And I'm so glad we have met.
I don't know why that Jewish woman gave you pain.
You're tall, strong, gorgeous, and a poet.
What else did she want? 
Ah, maybe on her you didn't spend money.
Why should you? With her, keep being nonchalant.
I know, she's too stupid to see that she's "funny"
And almost everything she said was trite.
Forget her, don't let her get a rise out of you.
After all, you told me she wasn't too bright."
The sound was soft music to my ears 
It was exactly what I wanted to hear.
I rushed home and dug out a poem I wrote.
I now want to dedicate it to the sound I just met:

"voices to voices, lips to lips

                   with  heavy homage to e.e. cummings

voices to voices, lips to lips
i swear to you and to everyone else
that they make up the undying
of this sentiment that refuses to sleep

what's beyond logic 
can only be magic
in this moment that even God
cannot compete 

i bring you no flowers but only
scuplture of my words
if you close your eyes
you'll miss their kiss

voices and lips are more than just for songs and kisses
who cares if some sons of bitches
insist that Spring be the opening
of hearts and smiles

i am not afraid to dream that and this
nor am i afraid to fly"

Wissai
October 6, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment