Saturday, March 23, 2013

To be or not to be in the world?

-Master, I want to be a bodhisattva.
-How's so?
-I don't know, I just want not to be far
from understanding the meaning of life
-And what do you think the meaning of life is?
-Love and compassion of others and peace.
-Then you must get rid of false pride and inner strife.
To lord over others is easy,
All you need is to find folks not as "good" as you.
But to be a bodhisattva, you've got to be a master of your ego
And yet remember this world is filled with too
many stupid, stubborn, and uneducated assholes
who are no better than animals and have no souls.
Faced with that conundrum, what do you want to do?
Still want to be loving and a bodhisattva?
Or would you rather be alone and work on things that turn you on?
You see, recently a woman asked me
If I wanted be in this world for her.
How could I answer
When I don't know if I still want to stay
In this temple or come back to the world
And interact daily with assoles and scumbags
So my true nature would be unfurled
Because you see, as humans we tend
To have an inflated sense of ourselves.
Only by dealing with scums and bums
Would we know exactly where we stand
Staying in the temple shields us from the world
And makes us numb and dumb.

Wissai
March 22, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment