Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Silence

Silence

You must practice and observe silence. Humans are generally stupid and creatures of habit although almost of them fancy that they are clever and cunning when the needs to be so arise. They are pompous and self-important, too. Being silent makes their job of guessing who you are more difficult. Remember, life is essentially a game, and all humans are actors trying to survive and have a leg up on everybody else.

Recently there has been an influx of rap music into Spanish language music. Rap music is a strange phenomenon. When it first came out I thought it wouldn't last, but apparently it does and is still going strongly. It's more like urban ghetto poetry delivered with anger and defiance than music per se, yet it has extended beyond its original American black audience. There is a rap song in English being played on the Spanish-language airwaves. The language is sexually graphic and crude, but the accompanied music is surprisingly sophisticated and original and pleasing to the ears. As much as I respect and treasure silence, I do feel attracted to music. I wish I knew enough about it to make my own music. One of these days I will. All my learning and sources of pleasure have been visually-oriented. Now it's time to expand my consciousness aurally.

I went to the library over the weekend. And it occurred to me most of my education has been from the library. Library has been my refuge, my haven from the vicissitudes of life. Whenever I feel disturbed, I always find calmness among books where knowledge awaits me.

Some nice woman dropped me a line asking me why I use so much profane language in my blog since I don't come across like that in real life. I chuckled and chortled and smiled to myself. I just sent her a cryptic note: it's only an act. Ever since an asshole got moralistic on me, I have consciously been using more salty and colorful language just to get my rockers off and if the asshole happens to visit my blog, she or he or it (okay, punk, in the excitement of the incident and the ensuing aftermath, I forgot your sex. To me, it does not matter what sex you belong to. You are a fucking, cowardly animal, suffice to say) would get my message. I really hope I will be able to exercise complete silence pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment