Sunday, September 5, 2010

The curse of being a social animal

1. Some people have noticed that there is a shift in my writing style. I don't know if the shift will be permanent or not, but I do try to govern my life by a respect for facts and truths and an overactive sense of fairness. My loved ones donot like my talking about myself in public as it smacks and smells of narcissism and overweening pride, but the truth is that I am a confessionist at heart (I am by no means unique. Henry Miller, Norman Mailer, Dostoevsky, Nietzsche, and many others were and are in this camp) and I am drawn to love and acceptance as prime motivators for my conduct whereas others, if I may so, seem to be motivated by money, security, power, and adolescent fixation with sex. Needless to say, I can't help but hold an unjustified contempt for those who worship at the altars of money, security, power, herd-like and pack-like behavior, and fixation about sex because from my perspective, those values are still animalistic, and not fully human. As humans, we have to cultivate those values which are distinctly human. If you see a discrepancy between my writing style somewhere else and that in my blog, the reason is that in the blog, I let the interplay between conscience and primordial drives of aggression and love full breathing room. 

2. The only thing I could add further is that each human is essentially an island unto itself; that's why when true love and true friendship occur, life is suddenly beautiful and meaningful. There is only so much one gets satisfaction from one's work. Since Man is a social animal, his ultimate happiness is related to how well he maintains relationships with his kind. All my talks about myself and/or my comments and condemnations of my fellow humans are part of my struggle to establish a relationship with my kind.

3. Of course, I have been using the superiority of my verbal skills as a club to smash and demolish the falsehoods of the arguments of others and to expose the animalistic nature and cowardice of those assholes and hypocrites who try to evince sensitivity and respectability while trying to assert whatever fucking sense of power and authority they think they have. Little do they know that power has to be acknowledged, not asserted. What we eventually will have is a complete silence and abandonment.

No comments:

Post a Comment