Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Buzz from my mind. Another fantasy.

Alcoholic Buzz

I am not a drinker. Thank "God" for that. But I do drink a beer or at most two, now and then. And when I do, if I am in a jolly mood and life is going my way, I get a slight euphoria, also known as alcoholic buzz. That is when I realize the danger of booze. You have an experience of euphoria and you want to have a repeat of that experience again. Before you know it, you get hooked. Ditto for nicotine and other chemicals. A similar chemical process takes place when you fall in love. Some chemical, possibly endorphin,  is released into your bloodstream when some girl catches your fancy. You become energetic, euphoric, and foolish at the same time. Your vision is affected. You can't see straight. That's why they say love is blind while herpes is forever, especially if you catch the herpes from the one you think you are in love with, but it turned out it was your money that turned her on, not your body nor your mind. But she was clever. She made you think you were smart, funny, and witty. She laughed her head off at your lame jokes. She gazed into your eyes adoringly. And she came almost nonstop like a long string of firecrackers at some Chinese NewY ear's Eve celebration. You are nodding your head. You are not alone. It happened to me, too. Four times. I was a fool. I lost a lot of money, all the while I was thinking I was irresistible to women. Now I am afraid the same damn thing is happening again. But this time, I am cool. I've learned from experience. But tell me what I should do when some chick barely in her teens wrote to me the following:

"I  want you to be my safe haven, my calm from the world. I want to use your arms, your chest, your body to shut out the world. That is what a home is. hat I want from you is to walk down the aisle of a museum or an art gallery and read the words of the exhibits. I want to jump into the painting with you and become one with it, to feel a piece of music and let it absorb us. I want to feed you hrimp with chopsticks and pour cups of tea for you to drink.

I want to devour you, Roberto Wissai, mi amor."

No comments:

Post a Comment