Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Self-Confrontations and Nightmares

Trump is a sociopath who suffers from deep insecurities, hence the need for constant lying and boasting and lashing out to those who hurt his sensibilities. Those who support him are just like him or worse. I think I know who he is. He is smart and a survivor, but definitely not a good, enlightened human being who dares confront his dark, hidden self. 

I just woke up from a recurring nightmare. Unlike Trump, thanks to my self-honesty and knowledge gleaned from wide reading, I know what ails me and am able to deal with my wounded psyche. In a way, I am no different from those having Post Traumatic Stress Symptoms. Nightmares are the way our mind comes up with self-confrontations. We must embrace nightmares, not to shun or fear them. Those who fear or shun them are in real troubles because they are in denial. Nightmares tell us: here is what has happened to you; do something about it. 

The nightmare was so real that when I woke up, I was glad that it was only a dream, like every single time before. We are what have happened to us; we are the product of our cumulative life experiences and how we dealt with the experiences. The secret to survival is to first accept who we are and try to improve upon that learn from our mistakes; and respect facts, especially cruel, unpleasant facts about ourselves and others. Learning to be reticent helps, too. Silence is an indication of self-mastery and strength. Speak only when absolutely necessary, and only nicely even when delivering bad news. Diplomacy is a sign of wisdom. Sarcasm is a form of cheap wit and self-destructive. 

We never learn from those who agree with us. They may makes us feel good, however. 

No comments:

Post a Comment