Friday, October 28, 2016

Consciousness in the Universe

Wissai's Introduction:

To Whom It May Concern

1. This is a very long and difficult article. It is perhaps of interest to only a very select few. I don't profess to understand everything in it, but I do have an inkling that it impinges directly on what I have maintained an interest throughout my life. I am sharing it to the folks in the forums as I believe it has a bearing on matters of practical concern to almost everybody: God, Soul, Consciousness, The Universe, Alzheimer's, and Madness.

2. All knowledge is related. We divide it into different disciplines for ease of study.

3. I always wonder if a part can understand the whole, that is, if Man, a child of the Universe can understand the parent, the Universe. I do maintain, however, that the above understands the below, while the below cannot understand the above, that is to say, an intelligent person can understand a fool but a fool can never understand anybody above him in intelligence. So, any discussion is fruitful only between two peers, but a waste of time between two persons of disparate intelligence and knowledge. Definitely, there are many, many loud-mouthed, ignorant, and stupid jackasses in the forums who have mouthed off nonsense and engaged in malicious libels. And we all know who these motherfuckers are. An inferiority complex is such a heavy burden to bear! 

4. My interest in the Mind started at the age of 11 when I discovered all by myself that despite threats by my mother that "God" would punish me for my very bad behavior, the punishment never came and "God" as commonly perceived was a Fiction because I openly challenged my mother and demanded "God" strike me dead right there and then if He really existed. The fact that I didn't die at the age of 11 and I am still alive at the age of 67 (2016) told me those who believe in such a Fiction are really stupid. If I die, it will be because of some illness, accident, or old age, or at the hands of certain vengeful human(s), and not because of "God". 

5. Also at the age of 11, I found out, to my delight, that I had an aptitude for languages and metaphysics and reasoning. 

6. As I got older, I realized I was interested in dreams, the mysteries and wonders of Poetry,(directly related to language), Creativity,  Madness, Music, the Universe, Sex, Love, and of course Consciousness. 

So, here it is. Read the article, get out of it whatever you can and want. The subject of Consciousness requires a lifetime of inquiry. It is a hot subject right now. Philosophers and all kinds of scientists are studying it. 

Wissai



No comments:

Post a Comment