Sunday, June 30, 2013

To love and to die

To love and to die

A stupid ignoramus laughed at me publicly about my love writings
He said that a man over sixty had no business talking about the heart's flutterings
Obviously, being stupid and ignorant, he didn't know that love had no age limitations
In fact the older we get, the more we need love
We all long for love arriving on the wings of dove
Life has not much meaning if love is not present in our lives 
We all feel a need to be fortified
That we are needed and appreciated for who we are
Even if we have no house nor car
The search for love is never-ending
The older we get, the search gets more heart-rending
I have seen it with my own eyes
That makes me want to cry

With regard to the stupid, ignorant dude, I should feel sorry
Because on top of being stupid and ignorant
He's downright ugly
Maybe he was just being envious of me
A drop-dead gorgeous, charming gentleman
To whom ladies have flocked like bees to honey

Gene, my new dear friend, has been telling me
"Bob, be kind with your words
Keep a green bough in your heart
And the birds will keep on coming
Forgive and forget those who have offended you
For they are stupid and don't know any better
If you get angry with them, you show you're no different from them
Love, Bob, love
You have received plenty of love from the ladies
Now return some of it to your fellow men
Even if they're stupid, ignorant, and ugly
They, more than you, need love, especially from you"

Omar, my best and saintly friend, did not talk as much as Gene
He quietly told me last night
"Roberto, all that anger you harbor inside
It's not good for you, mi amigo
Let it go, let it fly, set it free, and you'll be free"
In tears, I embraced him and told him he was right

So this is an "ode" to love, to the softening of my heart
I am smiling and grinning from ear to ear
I am sending love to the ignoramusus and pontificators
To all the emotional and intellectual midgets and frauds
I have taken to heart my friends' advice
I love you in spite of who and what you are
Because I don't want to have hate in my heart when I die

Wissai
June 30, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment