Friday, June 28, 2013

"Prophets" and "Teachers

The term "teacher" resonates more with me than "prophet" or any reference to divinity. I already wrote about the difference between so-called prophets Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, and Joseph Smith vis-a-vis Buddha who didn't invoke God as a source of authority or inspiration. Anything smacks of God or divinity turns me off as it is redolent of superstition, authoritarianism, and lazy thinking. 

Yes, I am an inveterate believer in Love. It has taught me so much about humans, me included. We can tell a great deal about a person by the way he conducts himself regarding Love, Money, and Power. Almost everybody I know failed miserably when they were tested. They all talked a good game and tried their best to present themselves in a positive light. Lesser men enjoy deception. 

Omar and my father are the only persons I know that passed the tests. Gene and Omar are teaching me by examples the balms of Love. Believe it or not, I am easily touched by acts of kindness. Unfortunately acts of evil and malice bring out the wild beast in me. 

Roberto Wissai/NKBa'

No comments:

Post a Comment