Monday, July 1, 2013

Do You Ever Know?

Do You Ever Know?

Do you ever know
From me the silence 
Marks neither the indifference 
Nor lack of affection
For you?
It merely evidences the diffidence
Masking the burning passion
I have for you.
Night after night
When in my condo rules the silence
And stars twinkle in the sky 
My thoughts turn towards the woman I meet 
On and off. 
I wonder if your smiles and friendly gestures
Are simply so and mean no more
Or are they really precious measures
Of your hidden passion for me?
Night after night
I look at the stars and the moon
And wonder if I ever get an answer soon 
My friend Omar, being a mathematician, 
Told me the solution would be simple. 
All I need to do is to ask you, he said.
I smiled and told him life was a tad 
More complex than what he thought
I would rather keep alive my silence
And enjoy the fantasies
Than have them smashed by an answer of naught

Wissai
July 1, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment