Monday, December 12, 2016

Truths, Self-Honesty, and All That Jazz

Truths and Self-Honesty and All That Jazz

Ever since I was a teenager, I have realized that i am different than most people around me. And exceptional, strange people--- good or bad--- have fascinated me. Since I turned 60, I have had a nagging feeling that I may be indeed "outstanding", my narcissism notwithstanding. The last few years I have turned misanthropic and violent in my mind. All these landmarks of self-awareness have roots in my fondness for Philosophy, Language, and Mind. Let me elaborate, amplify, clarify. 

1. Meaning/Purpose of Life:

A human worthy of the appellation must know what he lives for. However, if you go around asking people that basic question, you would find most people stumbling for an answer, instead of having a ready made, articulate reply, because they fucking rarely wrestle with this fundamental question. They exist with any price, fuck, sleep, eat, defecate, seek wealth, fame, and power, and wait to die, thinking they will go to Heaven/Paradise and live again with a demented carpenter named Jesus, or reborn as another human if they happen to be Buddhists. I have run into these stupid, superstitious motherfuckers and I despise, look down on them, and regard them as dirt underneath my feet. To me they are not human. They are just animals, deserving to be used and then discarded/killed off like  farm animals. To be stupid is to be exploited. 

I live for facts and truths and knowledge . I want to know what's exactly going on in the world. I have no fear of Pain, of knowing unpleasant things about the world and about myself. I have found out what some assholes and scumbags accuse me of are exactly what they are afflicted with. They are playing the game of self-projections. They are weak-minded. They dare not confront the unpleasant truths about themselves.  

We must know what we live for. Ideally, we should live for others, for the betterment of our loved ones and our kinsfolks. To live only for ourselves is confining and lonely. A life devotes to only self-preoccupation is a life lacerated with oppressive loneliness and sadness. To give is, ironically, to enrich oneself, sometimes even materially. You never know what kind of material benefits will materialize if you keep on giving of yourself to others. But, of course, when we give of ourselves, we don't expect any returns. We give because we care, because we love, because we are moved by higher impulses of being human. To be selfish is to be mired in the sub-human legacy of biological imperatives. 

2. Language

Well-written words destabilize both reader and writer. They help both the individuals explore the unprotected terrain of the mind and reorient the viewing first of the self and then of the world. The writer and the reader need each other. The writer writes for himself and the reader. The reader needs the writer to understand himself. Both have a link through words. 

3. Philosophy 

Without words, we cannot discuss philosophy and what Mind is all about. We talk, therefore we exist. Silence is Death. 

Conclusion:

I am good. I am superior to most humans in terms of Language, Philosophy, and Mind; in knowing what Life is all about; in understanding the mystery of Love and the fading excitement of Sex.

I am no mere man. I am a dynamite of the mind. I am rare and beautiful. This is a fact, not a figment of the imagination of a megalomaniac.

12/14/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment