Friday, December 16, 2016

The Deadly Sin of Self-Righteousness

Self-Righteousness

I hate all the motherfuckers who are self-righteous, especially if they are stupid and ignorant. If I had the means, I would make them "disappear".

I hate them because they all say the most stupid, nonsensical, outrageous things that totally go against my nature. They say things that I would never say. I respect facts. I may say nasty things. I am not diplomatic. But everything coming out of my mouth is factually correct. 

I also realize that these motherfuckers take very lightly of their sins. They just blithely think that everybody is just scumbags like them. Yet strangely, they glibly demand forgiveness. Just because they have taken lightly of their sins and casually forgave themselves for making them, that does not their sins have no consequences. Insults do reveal deeply of what one really thinks of the target. Words have meanings. And they do matter. We must own 100% of what we say, and must not be defensive about them. When confronted about our sins, we must acknowledge them and graciously, not defensively, ask for forgiveness. Gentleness and Grace are the tools of navigating through turbulent waters of life. 

There are occasional oases in my desert of desiccated heart. The songs, the face and voice of Kristin Scott Thomas, the joys of exercises and of learning, the longings of the body, the sunrise over the desert in a cold winter morning with mists rising from the breaths you exhale. There, there, I tell myself, don't you see, Roberto, Life is worth living, don't let the animals and the filth distract you from the beauty of this world.

Still, take assholes like Paul Van, Tamikaka Ito, Cua Huynh, Hoan Le, and Nguyen Bat Nhon. After you read a few short, disjointed, insipid, bloodless, incoherent, and stupid posts of theirs in the Internet, you have a clear impression that the assholes are just lousy fucked up scumbags. And then you understand why certain dudes would find the idea of putting these scumbags away very natural, like squashing a roach that dares enter the house. Now you understand why there's gratuitous violence in this world. Many assholes and scumbags get hurt because they don't know to shut up. They think they are fucking clever. They fail to have self-awareness. They are stupid but think they are smart. The ugly midget bitch is just like them. It just doesn't know to shut the fuck up. Time and time again, these motherfuckers unwittingly teach me the importance of grace and gentleness by exhibiting the stupidity of unnecessary defense of theirs he  Egos. I am not saying that Ego should not be protected, but only at the right time and manner. Sometimes Silence or Apology is far better than Passionate Defense of Self. 

Nietzsche once succinctly remarked that it is difficult to live with Man because Silence is difficult. I came across that wise remark at the tender age of 17. It has stayed with me because I have difficulties keeping my mouth shut. I feel that I have to show off my knowledge, to beat over the head of fools and jackasses with a verbal 2 X 4. 

In the Internet ergroups of which I am a loquacious, sometimes abrasive, in-your-face member, there are too many idiotic Vietnamese Catholics and assholes who now sing, ad nauseam, the praises of the fat, sexist, ignorant but clever demagogue. The way these idiots and scumbags post their asinine and fucked-up opinions every fucking day never ceases amazing me of their stupidity and ignorance. I just wish they shut the fuck up, but I know they never will. An average stupid asshole never thinks he is stupid; he incredibly fancies that he is "smart". 

Since the idiots and scumbags and assholes don't shut up, I must shut up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment