Sunday, August 24, 2014

Life's Meaning

Life's Meaning

I would maintain and argue that Man is the only animal on this planet which cares about the meaning of life. Other organisms would just struggle to eat, sleep, mate, get sick or eaten, and then die. They make no impact and leave no legacy; they simply and inexorably follow biological imperatives. I would also maintain and argue that most humans live just like that, yet because consciousness of the existence of higher values (truth, beauty, ethics, altruism, self-actualization) is inherent in being human, these human animals are self-conflicted. They are too animalistic to attain higher values, and yet are not impervious to them. In order to achieve a semblance of psychic balance so they would not experience undue anxiety and persistent unhappiness, they resort to playing a game of delusions and self-delusions: they believe in a Personal God Who would "save" them and guarantee them a place in "Heaven" or at least a reincarnation; they think they are "good", "normal",  "reasonably intelligent', and full of "common sense", despite all the facts and evidence to the contrary. In other words, they live a life of a lie. So when they encounter a human being like me, they are in for a shock. Let me tell you something that is dear and near to my heart: if I had power, I would not hesitate to exterminate all of these human animals for I view them a disgrace to the human race and an impediment to human progress. 

If anybody who deserved to claim a possession of common sense, that would be Confucius. If the human animals live a life as recommended by Confucius, they would be okay. At the very least, they must adopt a bedrock principle: be as you are, don't pretend who you are not. 

I've been accused of being "crazy" or  "mentally sick", but I know I am just "different" and "uncompromising". I also know I am not "gifted" and "clever" as the rare humans for whom I have a lot of respect, but I am convinced that the difference between those geniuses and me lies in the degrees, not in kind. The more I know about music, math, languages, and poetry, the more I am convinced of my place in the hierarchy of human brain power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment