Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Folly of Sarcasrm

True love for others is, by definition, outer directed. We care for the well being of others, sometimes at the expense of our own interests. The classic example of such love is parental love. Romantic love is often temporary because it is usually inner directed. We love the other because such a love is beneficial to us. That's why a true romantic love always has a parental, Freudian overtone. 

Do you find yourself lash out at your children, saying hurtful things or you often bite your tongue and stoically bear the annoyance and suffering because you care for your children more than you care for yourself?

I always had a powerful parental feeling towards the women I really loved. 

Sarcasm and selfishness from women turn me off at once. I can be sarcastic and selfish, like everybody else, but why should I, especially now that I have acquired some wisdom?

You never realize that sarcasm is deep in your make-up. It is a mechanism of your aggression. You use it from time to time to me. And I feel infuriated and murderous when you do so. 

Reality is it is what it is. Your employment of sarcasm does not endear yourself to me. It just alienates and enrages me. Do you really think that I am just an ordinary human who can take sarcasm calmly? I have told you time and again that I view most humans as beneath me. I am a real thinker, a poet, an artist with words. I am different from most of the human race. I don't really care if you don't share my self-perception. It's no idle adventure when I am making an effort to study the thoughts of Nietzsche and Wittgenstein. These two men were not normal. And they spoke to me. They made me feel I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment