Sunday, January 5, 2014

Một người quen trên ảo

I was watching a documentary about Khmer Rouge and my blood was boiling. I was reminded of the evil in Man, of the sheer stupidity of a certain pontificator who cannot admit of his/its inferiority. I am asking him/it if he/it can ever write/translate in/into English as I do.

Hate is something to behold in Man. 

From: 
Date: January 16, 2013 9:19:22 PM PST
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [DiendanDanToc] THƠ : Một người quen trên ảo
Reply-To: DiendanDanToc@yahoogroups.com
 





http://bmtvn.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38072&d=1346423526

Một người quen trên ảo

Anh, một người quen trên “ảo”
Đọc thơ tôi anh … lảo đảo té nhào (!?)
Đọc kỹ lắm, lâu lâu còn thủ thỉ
Còn chọn bài để phổ nhạc thơ tôi
Hai chúng tôi chưa từng gặp mặt
Rất lạnh lùng tôi chẳng nghĩ tới anh
Tôi cho rằng anh: một ông lão già khằn
Ngồi rỗi rảnh đọc thơ rồi làm nhạc
Ấy thế mà khi emai trò chuyện
Tôi chẳng ngờ anh lại rất chịu chơi
Ví đàn bà như một chuyến xe hơi
Xe chở hàng, hoặc xe đò cũng thế
Xe dù chật vẫn nhét thêm một chỗ
Tôi bông đùa: anh có muốn lên mui?
Anh trả lời ngồi chỗ nào cũng được
Bám lấy xe, nóc, mui cũng chịu liền
Chợt nhớ tới tuy tim mình đầy ắp
Vẫn phập phồng, sống động, vẫn chờ mong
Anh chịu không, nhẩy vào ngồi chơi nhé
Vẫy gọi anh, một chỗ có dư mà


Như Nguyệt


I met you through cyberspace

I knew you through cyberspace
My poems swept you off your feet 
You studied them and then critiqued 
You even set them to music
We never met
I hardly gave you any thoughts
To me, you were just an old man
With plenty of time on his hand 
Who leisurely read poems 
And then added music to them
But as I knew you better through more emails
Your liberal, carefree side unveiled 
You likened a woman to an automobile
A truck, or an inter-city bus
Even if the auto was full, make no fuss
There was always room for one more 
I jokingly asked: would you like to be on the roof?
You promptly replied: anywhere you would adore.
Your reply made my heart flutter
Although it was already spoken for
I found myself wildly excited, expecting, and in full longing
I am beckoning you, please move on in
There's always room for you, my darling!  

Translated by Wissai/NKBa'
April 25, 2012






__._,_.___
Reply via web postReply to senderReply to groupStart a New TopicMessages in this topic (1)
RECENT ACTIVITY:
    Please do NOT forward message posted on this forum to outsiders without consent of the message author. 

    7ND Web address: http://mitchong.99k.org/
    Photo Album: (1) http://picasaweb.google.ca/Mit.Chong.NZ (2)http://community.webshots.com/user/mitchong
    To unsubscribe, send a blank message to: mitchong-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
    Yahoo! Groups
    Switch to: Text-Only,

    No comments:

    Post a Comment