Monday, November 1, 2010

Message

Silvio: Tell me why you posted that couplet in Vietnamese?
Roberto: I wanted to send a message to the asshole that I could express myself in that difficult game of wordplay in Vietnamese. The son of a bitch was so stupid in believing my self-effacing statement that I could not write Vietnamese worth a damn. Look, if I can express myself in writing in three foreign languages, that means that I certainly can do so in my mother tongue, a language I spoke, read, and heard for the first 22 years of my life. If I don't normally write in Vietnamese because it is a choice of mine, not because I cannot do it. Anybody who really thinks I cannot write Vietnamese is really stupid, dumb, and moronic. Now I have used the couplet to express my contempt for the asshole, that should shut him up for a while and get the stupid and silly notion out of his stupid mind that I, a poet and an essayist, am incapable of writing anything trenchant and biting in Vietnamese which could cause a deep wound in that thick skull of his. How I really despise the asshole!

No comments:

Post a Comment