Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

I read about Roman orgies that were practiced about two thousand years ago. I suppose they could not be any wilder than drunken, sex-filled celebrations that happen every year at the end of October in America. Each year, as America descends deeper in the decline, the orgiastic celebrations get more out of bounds as if Americans want to drown their sorrows in seeing how far down the path of depravity they can go.

I just came back from a Halloween party and I was deeply concerned for America. Even at midnight, the line to the nightclub was long. Despite the atmospheric temperature being in mid-40's, people dressed in "costumes" that left nothing to the imagination about the strategic assets of the human anatomy. There was a look of eager and yet insouciant expectation on the faces of the party goers that they were going to get drunk, do some drugs, and come home with a sex partner. Both men and women showed off their physical attributes. There was a charge of sexual tension in the air. I didn't have any "costume" on. I had my normal informal dress clothes. My friend Kenny --my landlord's son--dressed as Julius Caesar, invited me to the party. He had a pair of tickets. Imagine that! We had to buy tickets in advance just to have the privilege to get inside the door! After standing in line for 45 minutes, we finally got inside the club. I was hit by the pulsating loud music and a mixture of cigarette smoke,  human odor, and assorted aroma of deodorants and perfumes and aftershaves. Men and women ground their bodies against each other. Many retired to the side kissing and groping each other. Kenny was dancing with his "lady" friend who seemed to get lost in the music. I was bored and had no desire to score. I came over to Kenny, tapped  on his shoulder, and told him I would try my luck somewhere else. I felt relieved and regained my sanity once I got outside to the fresh air. My frayed senses thanked me. I got back to my car. The soft rock Spanish music calmed me. I felt old.

Wissai

No comments:

Post a Comment