Tuesday, November 2, 2010

EDP

Somebody coyly sent me a missive inquiring if I was an EDP based on my writings,  without clarifying what EDP meant. I replied that I only appeared to be an EDP, but in reality I was very sensitive and intuitive and full of ESP. I further stated since the person didn't disclose his/gender I could not tell if his/her inquiry was done under the influence of PMS or LSD or plain Mary Jane.

The last 11years of my life have been enormously exciting. I have been accused of indulging in narcissism, grandiosity, delusions, and monomania. I am glad my accusers have not been crass enough to suggest that I am into onanism or SM or necrophilia. In actuality, I have been a very shy person. All the bravado and braggadocio are just the cover-ups for my acute sense of vulnerability and hypersensitivity.

But enough talk about myself. Let's talk about you. Are you excited about today's midterm elections in America? Are you amused with the game of politics, of an idiot like Sarah Palin who commands the attention and adoration of a significant segment of the American adult population? Are you a firm believer in higher power, in God or just in yourself and the occasional flickering, fickle decency and humanity and kindness of some people, contrasted with the selfishness, cruelty, and cowardice of most people? In short, do you believe in the power and magic of love, as opposed to the corrosive forces of hate and indifference?

I concluded recently that while logic can convince, only emotion can motivate. That's why all forms of propaganda---political or commercial or even religious--- always appeal to the heart, and not the mind. Man is an emotional being, much more so than he realizes.

I'd better go, there are matters that require my attention. As usual, the Spanish language music has put me in this chatty, garrulous, social mood. I wish I knew the language much better so I could comprehend fully the lyrics. Whenever I listen to music in a language other than that of my mother tongue, I feel strangely happy and serene instead of my usual morose self.

Wissai

No comments:

Post a Comment