Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Encounter with a movie star

I recently had a very pleasant encounter with a movie star. He is in his 40's and has appeared in several movies. He currently is going through a well-publicized divorce. His two sisters are also well-known actresses. The amazing thing about him was that he took the time to answer all my nosy questions with grace and patience. His diction was wonderful. He disclosed that he first got paid as an actor when he was 17. He is going to direct an upcoming episode of CSI. When I told him I was into poetry writing, he was very sympathetic. The long and short of this account of my chance encounter with this wonderful man is that because he was such a classy, charming, sympathetic person, he forced me to take stock of my own abrasive personality and I came to a conclusion that I had to be as pleasant and charming as he was. I am normally not a star-struck person, but this relatively young man made such an impression on me that I asked for his autograph and I had a picture taken with him and stored it in my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment