Tuesday, May 19, 2015

You asked me why I was drawn to sad Bolero music.

You asked me why I was drawn to sad Bolero music. 

I don't know. I just like the easy rhythm, the moaning, groaning, self-pitying melodies. Now I realized if your heart truly vibrated, you would never forget the memories. 

We all lie to ourselves in order to conceal the pains. Only the music would uncover what we wish to hide.

Yes, I was a sentimental, stupid young lad when I first fell in love with her and then somebody she knew. Now in the twilight of my life, I realize that the past never disappeared, it just lies there in my heart, waiting for the right songs so it would rise up and force me to confront me who I am. 

One thing I know for sure and it has been repeated by me time and again that one cannot understand those who are above him in intelligence and ethics. Love only strikes when there's understanding and affection and respect. One cannot love stupidity cum insolence and ignorance. Come to think of it, if you are stupid, you tend to be insolent and ignorant. The best way to go through life is to think that you are stupid and you must be humble, quiet, and willing to listen and learn instead of mouthing off one inanity after another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment