Friday, May 8, 2015

Set Fire To The Rain, Again

Set Fire To The Rain

Lying in bed, trying to read but all in vain
For my mind kept turning to you
And the song Set Fire To The Rain.
The lyrics and the rhythm rocked me anew
Like I was a lad of seventeen once again.
I kept wondering whether what I felt was real
Or it was part of my hyper imagination; 
Whether I should keep my feelings concealed
And kill the emerging elation, the budding sensation.
But somehow my sentiments congealed
Into the words I'm writing now
Although I'd rather sing and shout
About what I'm feeling inside.
The singer sang about about setting fire to the rain,
But I wish for rain to fall on my raging fire
For I don't really want to make a fool 
Of myself, not at my age, not of carnal desire.
That would be absolutely uncool
So I'm setting fire, not to the rain, 
But to this silly letter of mine
Although doing so is bringing me much, much pain

Wissai
May 8, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment