Saturday, May 2, 2015

A Fire in the Night

A fire in the night
That came out in the dark
From the deepest part 
Of my lonely soul.
Thou wert the spark
That flew into my heart.
How could I describe the start?
A smile, a look into the eyes
After the halting hello;
A few words about thee, me, and the sky; 
And the promise to write;
Words flew back and forth on the wire;
That was all that sufficed
To start the fire
In this heart of mine.
I don't care what happened to thine;
All I know there's a fire in my heart
That's making me feel both silly and smart
I'm a kind of guy 
Whose heart needs to be on fire 
But Baby, there's another side of mine
Today is the day of the boxing fight
Between Pacquiao and Mayweather 
Between good and evil
Between a women lover and a women beater
All these months I've imagined myself a fighter
Who would step into a ring to prove who I am
So I've trained my body and mind not to be the same
As I once was when thou first met me. 
The changes in body are obvious, 
But the changes in mind are hard to see.
For nowadays I always sport a sardonic smile, 
No matter what ever happens to me.
But Baby, right now I'm on fire!
Wouldst thou help me get through the night?

Wissai
May 2, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment