Friday, February 20, 2015

Bragging Once More


Don't you hear my music? An Ode to Self-Congratulations, aka Bragging. 

Oh Cherry, my Cherry, don't you hear my music, the susurrous sounds of sweet sentiments sent through the old-fashioned telephone lines?

I knew, by sending them to you, I risked appearing gravid with mawkish sentimentality. Still, when I sent them, I felt thrillingly breathless all the same. 

I knew you might burst into tears, wondering if you deserved them. But we both don't have much time left on this planet, and feelings were built up over time and when they reached a critical mass, they would then move like an avalanche---explosively and relentlessly. So let's seize the day and open ourselves to possibilities and enjoy the remainder of our lives. 

You are difficult to classify, to categorize. And you know what, so am I. Let's believe in psychic  connections, let's enjoy the spiritually purifying aspects of passions, and the porousness of the Self. You and I need to break down the barriers of Ego and sing to the music of the words I sent while sunlight is dancing in this first day of the Year of the Goat. 

Yes, I am aware that you are difficult to tame, sulky, fractious and foreign. But I love women who are solitary, self-possessed, free from grief, full of anger, and numb to the hurts caused by ignoramuses and motherfuckers. Somebody once warned me that I should not go near you since you are a bitch, an "offspring of a flaming torch and an assault rifle". But I'm a fool that treads into the terrain that angels fear to set foot in. I want you to show me how tough you are or deep down you are still a woman who needs a man exactly like me.

I am awaiting your response. 

The above is the dreamy side of me, please allow me to reveal my seamy side:

It took a lifetime for me to recognize a truism: it's not so much what you have as how much you appreciate what you have. To really appreciate anything or anybody, you have to really understand yourself, others, and the meaning of value and worth. Am I sounding too profound for you? Just kidding, ok? 

Nietzsche kept reminding his readers, " please, don't understand me too quickly". Then he added a thunderous warning, "some humans are born posthumously." Of course, I am not as profound as Nietzsche. Not by a long shot. You may wonder why I keep dragging him into what I write. The answer is that he's the only philosopher/thinker I actually try to read and understand. To me, knowing him in depth takes a lifetime of study. Meanwhile he's been very useful and helpful to me. Here's one more famous and utterly penetrating line from him: "The thought of suicide helps many pass through sleepless nights." I think the world would be a better place if everybody is required to read Nietzsche, instead of the Bible. Not everything he wrote was of value, of course, but most of what he wrote were eye-openers and incredibly beautiful. Do you know he also wrote poetry and composed music? A human not moved by philosophy, history, poetry, and music is not much of a man. Lately I have taken to singing. I sing better and better every time I try. What a man I am! I am in love with myself. You had better hurry otherwise you would have to stand in line. Already there are two dozens of fans, all women, are camping outside my door! 

So I have crossed my Rubicon with this piece that I'm writing. I am transformed, altered, changed into a better human being. Well, I always say that to myself when I write something along this kind of vein. Yesterday, as a matter of fact, a Hispanic (Costa Rican) woman invited me out to a vegetarian Chinese restaurant. The food was good. I was at my best comportment. I put my charms on. She kept saying that I was a good company, fun to be around, so witty, so knowledgeable, so disarmingly honest. I could swear that by the end of the meal, I got her falling in love with me, despite her knowledge that I got neck deep in matrimonial commitments. She kept saying she believed in free love and relationships with no strings attached. I just sat there with a big grin on my face, while maintaining  a Sphinx-like, Vietnamese style inscrutability. It helped that I know Spanish, not as well as I should because lately I have neglected it because I want to devote myself to learning German, the language of my beloved Nietzsche. 

A fact/ phenomenon worth reflecting upon:

Humans raise domesticated animals for food, and not necessarily because they love them. But the animals due to their having a lesser intelligence than that of humans, think that humans love them because humans feed them and show them affection. Alas, when their throats are about to be slit, they realize they have been wrong about humans, but it's just too late.

The relationship between those humans who are emotional and intellectual shaves and their mind controllers (political and religious leaders) is the same as that of the domesticated animals and humans.

A true human should be able to distinguish true love without ulterior motive and that of fake love.

There's nothing more tragic to be an unwitting emotional and intellectual slave. 

Truths only come to those who have a heart and a mind ready for them. Not everybody can understand and receive them. 

Through the way a man expresses himself we know what kind of a man he is. Self/Ego is important but Truths are much more. One must be honest with oneself, and free of Self-Deception.

Ultimately it's the return of Silence and Death is the Finality. There's no Judgement Day, no rejoicing with Christ, no Nirvana, no Heaven above, no Hell below. We came from the Earth and to Earth we all return. Other locations are just metaphors. 

Any fool can opine about Religion and Beliefs. Only a few understand what Life and Death is all about and Religion is just an attempt to understand the meaning of Life and Death. 

In the end, fuck Religion and the so-called relationship between a believer and his Christ or Buddha. These two dudes are dead a long time ago. You don't really know who they are, nor can you hold a conversation with them. All you know about them is through hearsay. What's important the relationship between humans now, at this very moment, between the Vietnamese who are their lands, seas, and islands to the greedy Chinese. But the Vietnamese right now are too stupid to know any better. They are like unruly children, busy fighting among themselves because of ego and envy and inferiority complex. I am not surprised if the Chinks finish them off in due course. 
(To be continued) 



No comments:

Post a Comment