Monday, January 23, 2012

Lunar New Year's Day

So another Lunar New Year is knocking on the door.
The first day of the year is here once more
Without you being by my side
I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.
The mere fact I'm writing these words of mine
Indicates I can't get you out of my mind.

The New Year Festivals are celebrated outside
With firecrackers blasting themselves into petals crimson,
And dragon dance going on in a frenzy with the drumbeats
And clanging cymbals
While inside my eyes welling up in tears,
With love songs blaring from the radio,
Reminding me of a love that flowed into oblivion.
You once told me that forever you would love me.
Now it is I who would miss you for eternity,
Who would love you till I die,
Who would do nothing during the New Year but cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment